[Public-List] Painting over old "teak" plywood

j_l_brown j_l_brown at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 25 12:41:56 PST 2013

For painting plastic I've done the following:
Clean with degreaser, dry.  Sand with 120 grit to give it some bite.
Clean again.

Use an alkyd(oil based) primer/stain sealer designed for glossy surfaces like metal and fiberglass  Coat again if needed.

Paint with an interior/exterior or kitchen and bath paint of the same system as the primer, mold resistant is nice.   I'd use semi gloss or satin(if surface has a lot of dents/defects)

Jeremy

Sent from Samsung Mobile