[Public-List] Cleaning tarnished bronze parts

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Wed Jan 2 06:26:38 PST 2013

Hi Mike

When I was cleaning my teak with a two part cleaner, I put some on my one
remaining Merriman bronze winch thinking it would make it bright and shiny.
Well, it took off the old grime and brought up the old colour, unfortunately
it also etched the bronze and made it more porous.

I now use a bronze polish widely available at boat stores which is much
better than Brasso. Comes in a paste in a largemouth white container, darned
if I can remember what its called though.

Happy new year, y'all

John