[Public-List] Can anyone recommend a surveyor in the Norfolk area?

Jason S mpcylinderheads at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 23:21:48 PDT 2013

Good luck, Ray is my friend so I will leave the pricing up to you. But the
worst he can say is no.
I understand your wanting a diesel...seems to be all the rage...but that A4
is easy to work on and will last just about as long or longer than many
diesels.....if taken care of. Oh and parts are fairly easy to find and
cheap too, someone local gave me a spare A4 last year...that A4 is a whole
quieter than any diesel too.
I wouldn't let rigging scare you either....very easy to replace. This slso
gave me an opportunity to inspect all the addition rigging such as
masthead, sheaves, blocks, spreaders, mast base, boom etc, some of which
needed attention after 42yrs. Had i paid someone else to come rig boat
chances are none of that would have gotten the attention it needed and I
would have paid at least twice as much just for standing rigging. I made
all my shrouds and stays at home over a weekend. I used sta-loc fittings
top and bottom. If and when replace cable it will be relatively cheap. Food
for thought. Good luck again.