[Public-List] Mast Sheave

Jason S mpcylinderheads at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 11:28:50 PDT 2013

When I rerigged my boat last year the aluminum sleeve and 1/2 bolt were
completely frozen. I just cut the bolt head and nut off and tapped the
whole unit out. Once out, I purchased new aluminum sleeve, it is 5/8outside
diameter 1/2 inside. Purchased it from online metals.com. As far the sheave
mine had a bronze bushing which I just honed a bit to smooth it out again.
It had a few score marked from debris getting in there over the years I
guess. I also noticed that the aluminum sleeve had quite a bit of wear from
pulley turning on it over the years, so it needed replacing anyway. I then
bought a new 1/2 stainless bolt. When assembling all back I used plenty of
Tef-Gel between bolt and aluminum sleeve. And used graphite on bronze
bushing.....what a difference raising and lowering main..
Good luck.