[Public-List] Lightning Ground

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 26 13:42:37 PDT 2013

There was an 18' runabout that took a direct hit here last Sunday. Two young kids onboard. It stuck the aluminum windshield frame next to the driver and exited about 3 feet back and blew a 6" hole though the deck. They were not injured except for ringing on the ears from the noise. They went to the hospital but nothing wrong. They were surrounded by sailboats at the time of the strike. Go figure?