[Public-List] holding tank vent

j_l_brown j_l_brown at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 6 14:43:14 PST 2013

I vented it through the cabin side in the head, used a fuel tank stainless vent fitting.  I angled the vent slightly aft as well.

If you were wanting to use a one way valve on the vent, you could add a suction one way valve to the tank, they mount flush. power boats with carbon filters on the tank vents use them.

I'd think about using a tank additive then, there's a good one that helps prevent most anaerobic growth issues, mostly used in commercial waste water treatment.  Cheap, ok for environment and easy to use.

Otherwise even the nicest tanks and hoses eventually stink.

Sent from Samsung Mobile