[Public-List] holding tank vent

Rod Symmes weatherhelm at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 11:38:00 PST 2013

Eeeww - you guys are disgusting.  Or maybe I just have too vivid an imagination  (-:
Kris - how do you like the composting and which one did you choose ?
I have been considering the changeover since I discovered that the holding tank is ridiculously small.  My choices are : 1 to change to a composting,  2 give up one of my three aluminium water tanks,  or 3 convert the original integral fiberglass water tank into a holding tank.  But I am worried that the fiberglass will absorb bad smells and then I will NEVER get rid of it.  Anybody have experience there ?I know what you mean about the bulge - I can tell when my aluminium holding tank is full .... on the final stroke of the head I can hear one of the tank walls go  " boiiinnnng "

Cheers,   Rod