[Public-List] 2013 Swiftsure Race - A30 division

Glennb brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Fri Mar 8 21:49:34 PST 2013

OK!  I read the race rules again.  This could be a lot of fun!

To clarify,  three boats may enter a race as a team!  We could have an A30 team in the Juan de Fuca course - Victoria Harbor to Clallam Bay and return, if we have three boats signed up.

OR, if we field five A 30's we could establish an A 30 division for the same  Callam Bay race.  Are  there five A30's in the PNW???  I dunno, but think so... Fewer than five boats can be made a division by consent of the race committee.  So we could petition for a division maybe if we have three or four entries.

Apparently The Clallam bay course is mostly a crusing boat/family boat affair with the usual hard cases battling for line honors.

The race can be sailed double handed...

Alternately, we could do the same thing for single/double  handed course or fully crewed on the short course up Haro straight, in and out on Saturday afternoon, 22 mile RT, then off to town for fine dining whilst the poor devils  on the Cape Flattery run, slog it out down the Straights all night and day watch on and watch off!  The short course doesnt have such onerous off shore equipment requirements, life raft, solas flares etc. etc.

Heres a chance for west coast albergers to join the fray!

Why not invite our east coast Aberger brethern on the list to help crew the boats!  What a deal that would be!  ALL Alberg CREWS in an Alberg Division!    (I certainly need crew as I sail single  handed, and have already tasked all the crew I have available.  So anyone wants to do this, let me know.)

Rule Alberg!

What say you Maties!

Glenn P.
Dolce 318