[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 2569, Issue 1

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 08:50:50 PDT 2013

An Alberg 30 mast is 35'

~~~_/)_/)~~ Mike Lehman ~~_/)~~~

-----Original Message-----
From: John Riley
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:18 AM
To: Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all
Subject: Re: [Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 2569, Issue 1

By measuring the mast and deck height above water, we've set 42 ft as
our A-30's "no go" height.  42' was with some 'rounding up' so should
include a foot or so of safety margin.

I've been under a 45 ft bridge with a couple feet to spare.

We are lucky in that many of our local bridges have real-time, actual
clearance cards on the fenders so you can see the true clearance on
approach.   One does not have to guess the tide state. etc.

--
John S. Riley
S/V Gaelic Sea