[Public-List] Mast beam

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Thu May 30 14:24:30 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm diverting the conversation here talking about a pre-liner boat (sorry)
but I also need to do something with my boat's mast beam.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115571802364472829939/albums/5182769471833731569

I keep thinking that I want to rip it out and laminate a new one to the
same curve. One thing I'm a little unclear on is exactly how the beam
transfers the load onto the hull. If you look at the my images in the link,
the fiberglass tabbing to the cabin side can't do much, or the bulkhead
that it is bolted to. Seems the support posts must be doing all the work,
but they don't even sit squarely under the beam. What the heck holds up my
mast?

Jeff Fongemie
#116 Seagrass

http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie