[Public-List] Chartering in the BVI

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 30 17:03:25 PDT 2013

Ed Schroeder, former Alberg owner, just chartered an Oeanis 39c from Capt. Brent
Fennel out of Sea Cow Bay, just east of Nanny Cay. He is very accomodating and
knowledgable about land taxi from Charlotte Amalia airport to Red Hook, water
taxi from Red Hook to Sea Cow Bay and the marina. The water taxi makes a short
stop at West End, Tortola, to go thru customs. The water taxi skipper does all
the customs work and one does not even need to get off the water taxi. Fennel is
a Canadian, owner of The Captains Compass; visit it on line.

Our only complaint was the boat 's cockpit was so wide it was difficult to brace
when heeling. That complaint about the Oceanis 39c was even in one of the boat
reviews.We 6 people have been chartering from various companies out of Tortola
for 6 years and he was the most accomodating.

Ed Schroeder (formerly of Emotional rescue #303. ediediver at sbcglobal.net