[Public-List] cabin sole hatches

Michael Connolly crufone at comcast.net
Fri May 3 19:24:29 PDT 2013

Gordon,

Lorrie Rose #133 has the same arrangement. I just assumed that the plated metal was either brass or bronze, both copper alloys. These strips are similar to trim strips on Chris Craft Runabouts, etc. Either metal would be strong enough in this application. If you don't like the arrangement you could use internal cleats of wood to support the hatches. Of course this arrangement would redu ce a bit the open ing size of the compartment.
I kinda like the look as it is so typical of nautical hatch supports for that era and a bit before.

Michael