[Public-List] Liferaft Storage

gregr at nethere.com gregr at nethere.com
Mon Nov 25 10:23:11 PST 2013

Hi Folks,

I'm in the process of adding a Viking RescYou 4 person life raft to Ayla.
What are the good locations to store it?

Aft Lazarette: Fairly easy access. I try to only load the aft compartment
with light stuff like cushions and fenders. Ayla already squats a bit due
to the Yanmar 2GM. I'm not sure that another 60lbs would make much of a
difference but it's going in the wrong direction...

Port Lazarette: Battery 2 in here to have it up higher to protect it. Also
used for 5 gal water jug and sails. The battery and water help to balance
the fuel on the Starboard side.

Starboard Lazarette: Original diesel tank. Boat maintenance stuff like
bucket, boat brush, etc... Try to not had weight to the ~90lbs of fuel.

Cabin top between mast and turtle: Might be tough to launch from here in
truly lousy conditions. Might further reduce visibility forward.

Regards,

Greg