[Public-List] Early style mainsheet traveler question

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Nov 3 04:17:13 PST 2013

Hello friends,

Its more important to make sure the width of the track plate and spacer
beneath it fits the car you've got.  It should be a loose slip fit.

Whitby used the strip of metal with oak beneath as a cost-saving
construction technique (I didn't quite say 'short-cut')  There's not really
anything wrong with making track this way, but it's a bit of a second choice
way of making traveller or sheet track.

Our #426 had it wherever a track exists... Main, genoa leads, gooseneck and
spinnaker car...

Gord #426 Surprise