[Public-List] Atomic 4 Hand Crank Handle?

Rod Symmes weatherhelm at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 09:56:26 PST 2013

You definitely DO  NOT  want to crank any engine by a hex nut on a shaft.    VERY  DANGEROUS  !

Look at the existing attachment end of the crank.  It is designed to dis-engage as soon as the engine catches.
I have a Yanmar 3GMD with a hand crank and the handle does not go on the end of the engine crankshaft but rather engages the end of the cam shaft (slightly up and to the right).
Have a careful look.   Mine has to be cranked anti-clockwise.  If your crank handle is meant for an Atomic 4 the teeth may be set up for clockwise cranking.

But please do not crank an engine with a socket meant for a nut  -  I won't have time to visit you in hospital.   (-:

Cheers,   Rod