[Public-List] Factory installed wheel steering

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 3 04:24:53 PDT 2013

what is CF?

~~~_/)_/)~~ Mike Lehman ~~_/)~~~

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Laco
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 6:58 AM
To: Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all
Subject: Re: [Public-List] Factory installed wheel steering

Hello friends

John is correct: although the services were amalgamated in '68, we got our
distinctive uniforms back in '98, and our name (Royal Canadian Navy) back in
2010. We got the correct officers' curl in our rank stripes back in '11.
(Those of you on the eastern half of North America may have heard me shout
at my desk in Aug of 2010 when 'RCN' was reinstated)

   All proud bits of tradition and links to our forbearers who served in
WWII when the RCN was the third largest navy in the world.

There's a wonderful story about one of our officers being taunted by British
officers during that war about ours being a young service, without
traditions such as they had....the Battle of Trafalgar, for example.  Our
RCN officer replied "we're building our traditions daily: our Trafalgar is
The Battle of the Atlantic and we're fighting and winning it now". I think
his name was Alan Easton.

Thank you, John

Gord