[Public-List] Stuffing box in earlier Albergs

Bill Woodford williamwoodford at charleswoodford.com
Wed Oct 16 09:37:11 PDT 2013

I just had the same issue on US11; unfortunately, you are in for some
bruises to your ribs and arms.  The access is poor and with the exhaust
riser in the way, it seems to be a one armed job.

My marina loaned me a tool that was helpful in removing the old packing. It
had a T-handle with a semi-flexible shaft and a corkscrew on the end.

If you are near Worton Creek, consider this: A gentleman from my church
told me he took his Nonsuch 30 to a marina on Worton Creek and they charged
him $ 35 to replace his.  I would have gladly paid twice as much.

Hang in there,

Woody