[Public-List] Another application for Kiwi Grip

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 11 06:26:27 PDT 2013

I am in the process of a restoration on our Alberg 8 dinghy. The inside needed painting badly. Dinghy’s take a beating and can be treacherous to board especially if the weather is wet. So I wanted a non-skid surface for safety reasons.  But dinghies are also sailed while wearing bathing suits so the non-skid cannot be too aggressive with a knee scraping texture. I decided to use Kiwi Grip on the inside but found the texture was too much when using the special Kiwi Grip roller, so I decided to try a smooth foam roller like the West System epoxy rollers. I was able to achieve a non-skid surface with the texture of about 220 sand paper. We’ll see how well it holds up. It required 3 coats, because each coat was very thin.

Just though you might be interested. I am thinking that Kiwi Grip would also be a nice interior paint especially on the ceiling of the cabin. I might try that next.