[Public-List] Forestay attachment fitting

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 2 11:27:52 PDT 2013

Andre wrote "Do some of the Albergs, as I have noticed on some Tritons, have in lew of
the forstay fitting, the forstay connected to the bow chain plate, then
what looks like a plank extending a foot or two on the deck and about
eighteen inches out past the bow with some sort of roller on it."

Yes, but primarily on the pre-liner boats with a stainless stem fitting.  It is an anchor roller that is home built out of what we in the mid-Atlantic call "Chesapeake Teak".  Simply described it starts as a 2x6 piece of pressure treated pine about three feet long.  The board is ripped in half and a notch for the stem fitting cut in it and a notch for a trailer roller at the front.  Most are held together with SS bolts, one as the axle for the roller, one through the stem fitting and one at the inboard end.  I don't have any pictures but believe there are plans in the A30 Association's Maintenance Handbook.

Jim Davis
Privateer Isa Lei

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall