[Public-List] Cockpit Coaming

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 14:46:59 PDT 2013

I did the opposite. I didn't bed the coaming with anything.  I know someone
with a Triton and he does the same (no bedding) so I gave it a try.  I've
not seen a downside yet. Water rushing down the deck does not flood the
cockpit seats unless the weather & seas are real bad, then we're getting
soaked anyway from the spray. I've taken my coamings off a couple of times
in the winter to varnish and it makes it easy with no bedding compound to
deal with. The underside of the coaming does not seem any worse for wear,
though I bet the ability to keep underside varnished may be helping.

Jeffrey Fongemie

Seagrass
Alberg 30 #116
Boothbay Harbor Maine