[Public-List] Cockpit Coaming

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 26 06:07:25 PDT 2013

Todd

I have seen teak cockpit coamings rot due to water entering from the deck. It is my belief that they should be caulked on the outside but not on the inside. The last one I did I used 3M4000 UV in black. I was sceptical about the color but it really sets off the wood. I used black for the toe rails too. It looks great. Hinckley uses black and that is where I got the idea to use it on the Alberg.