[Public-List] Last Wednesday night race of 2013

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Sep 26 07:13:15 PDT 2013

And I forgot to mention how we did in last night's race....  Skunked.
DNF'd.  We struggled and strained around the course till we were finally
approaching the last windward mark and about to make the last run to the
finish....  The wind fell, puffs came from various directions, one of our
foes was creeping up closing the gap between us... The tension was terrible.

The wind disappeared.  A wake from a distant motorboat came through and got
SURPRISE hobby-horsing which stopped us dead and started her head swinging
to port.... The sun set.  The time ran out and the committee ended the race
just as a zephyr came up and we coaxed SURPRISE up to 0.7knts...

That's yacht racing....