[Public-List] Hiking seat

Bill Wallace wayfarer3134 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 11:57:18 PDT 2013

It is something I've been working on as I also like to sit further back and I don't really like just a flat board.  What I'm thinking of is one of the folding sports chairs mounted to 2 of the 1.5" L brackets - the solid metal kind, not the thinner ones.  Make a mounting on the back of the coaming for one end of each of the L brackets, and then you have a chair you can move from side to side.  Or, maybe just make 2 of them.  The bracket can be made from a section of 1.5" flat metal, about the same thickness as the L bracket material.  Requires a bunch of cutting, but no welding unless you want to weld it up.  More work to make in SS, so I figured I would try it first in plain steel and paint it, see if it works for a year or two.

Bill.