[Public-List] Stuffing box repacking

Bill Boyle wpb1210 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 09:25:16 PDT 2014

 I'd like to ask if anyone has done this job in the recent past.  I'd like to know how you accessed the box and what wrenches you used.  My yard just told me that they would not do the job as the access was not there.  The yard wanted to pull the motor to do the job.  I have an access panel in the port seat locker and I replaced the muffler last year from that spot.     I've read the A30 site info on stuffing boxes and could probably make the wrenches described.  I've also read all the web pages related to the subject.   Is that small cockpit sole plate good for anything other than letting light in?  If there is anyone on the list that would like to do this job let me know!   The boat is in the Fairwinds Marina  Annapolis.

Bill Boyle
Slainte  129