[Public-List] More info 50th Anniversary Year - A 30 Parade of Sail August 9th; Old Timers Race (OTR) August 10th

John Maliszewski jrmalis at verizon.net
Tue Apr 29 17:30:02 PDT 2014

Folks, since I have received some questions to my last mailing here is some
more information on the 50th weekend.

-       Old timers Race (OTR) is a totally friendly race sponsored by the
Sailing Club of Chesapeake (SCC), no high point involved, therefore no CBYRA
affiliation needed. As always first across the finish line is the winner,
beauty of one design racing.

-       We have only 24 slots at the NSHoF docks and therefore we need to
limit dockage there, we want to exhibit the best of the A30s and some boats
with restoration potential to the perspective owners. See below for the
dockage information. If you need further help please contact me as we may
have some suggestions.

-       Here is some info that went out to the membership:

-       Call to all Alberg 30s

-       50th Anniversary Parade of Sail

-       Annapolis Harbor

-       August 9th, 2014

-       Please join us for our 50th anniversary parade of sail of our
wonderful Alberg 30s on August 9th, 2014. We will use the National Sailing
Hall of Fame (NSHoF) docks as our base.

-       Event Schedule

-       Saturday, August 9th, 2014

-       1100 - 1145 Pickup passengers at NSHoF

-       1150 - 1200 Assemble boats for parade off the USNA seawall

-       1200 - 1300 Parade (Twice around the harbor)

-       1300 - 1400 Dock/Raft at NSHOF

-       1400 - ???  "Open Boat"/Food/Drinks @NSHoF Docks

-

-       Our parade route will take us from the outer harbor into Ego Alley
for our turn around and back out to the outer harbor. At the conclusion, we
will go back to the NSHoF for some food and drink and to display our
wonderful boats for the dignitaries and general public to visit.

-       The Annapolis Harbor is open on a first come, first serve basis and
they do not allow anchorage in the harbor proper. Anchorage is allowed in
the outer harbor and up some way on Spa Creek. For the specific information
please see:

-
<http://www.annapolis.gov/government/city-departments/harbormaster/facilitie
s>
http://www.annapolis.gov/government/city-departments/harbormaster/facilities

-       We will try to help out with dockage pointers for the boats
unfamiliar with the Annapolis Harbor area.

-       Folks who no longer have an Alberg are welcome to come and join the
parade as part of the crew on one of the parade boats. We would like to hear
from you, so that we can match you up with one of the parade boat skippers.

-       Please let me know by email or phone if you would like to crew or if
you can accommodate guests on your boat. Most importantly let me know if you
are planning to participate in the parade.

-       As part of the "Open Boat" we will run a slide show of "before and
after" of what can be done with an Alberg 30 to encourage visitors toward
Alberg ownership.

-       All parade inquiries should be directed to:

-       John Maliszewski

-        <mailto:jrmalis at verizon.net> jrmalis at verizon.net

-       410-353-8115 (M)

-