[Public-List] Light weight hard dingy?

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Aug 26 05:55:55 PDT 2014

I've always admired the smaller of the American-built Dwyer dinghies... But
they're not cheap.  One usually gets what one pays for.

I bought an Optimist dinghy from our club's sailing school when they
replaced our fleet - I thought it would make a good dink but it's too low to
be elegantly converted to rowing.  So I had an 18" extension welded onto the
mast and put the rig in our Boston Whaler 'Squall'.  The Squall is still a
damned beer barrel to tow, but sails much better than with the Sunfish rig
it was originally supplied with.

Gord
426 Surprise