[Public-List] Rudder Stuffing Box Repair

Mike Lehman via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Dec 2 07:16:14 PST 2014

Would a wire brush work?

~~~_/)_/)~~ Mike Lehman ~~_/)~~~

-----Original Message-----
From: John Johnston via Public-List
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 8:38 AM
To: Michael Connolly ; Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all
Subject: Re: [Public-List] Rudder Stuffing Box Repair

Michael - The problem with the box wrench is that you can't slide it over an
end without dropping the shaft, which is what I sought to avoid of course.
Interesting idea, though. I think the two halfs of the die could be drilled
and tapped with small cup screws. A machinist could probably knock it off
fairly easily. Maybe a small clamp would serve, for as you say, it's really
chasing and cleaning, not making new threads.