[Public-List] Mahseer anchor dragging in "Good Old Boat"

Richard Mair ramair49 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 05:22:35 PST 2014

We have done a lot of anchoring. A lot depends on the seabed and scope. The
chart usually gives a good idea. We have had the Bruce hold in 45 knots on
a sand bottom and 7:1  scope on an all chain Rhode. It was probably due
more to the bottom and scope why the boat dragged. That said I have not
read the article and have had a situation with steep waves and a hard
bottom when we had two anchors down and we were still dragging. There was a
Marina close by so we took that option.

Richard