[Public-List] Setback with Touch Wood

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Jan 10 17:34:46 PST 2014

Hello gang -

I¹m firmly ensconced here in my booth at the Toronto International Boat
Show....if any of you come to the show I¹d like to see you.    All¹s well
and I¹m looking forward to the week but for one thing.  Earlier this week we
had a snow storm in Midland like I¹ve never seen.  Four feet of snow fell
over two days.  I was looking at the thickness of the snow cap on our house,
and then I remembered Touch Wood in her temporary shed.

Did I make those undressed 2x4 roof beams well enough?  Did I put enough
bracing into the structure?   Well the answer is no.  The shed collapsed and
TW is beneath several tons of ice, snow, and the wreckage of the building.
I couldn¹t get to her to see how bad things are, but I could see that the
roof is completely down.  I hope that so long as she didn¹t fall over, she
may have survived.  However all my tools are buried in the snow.  I couldn¹t
dig into the ruin because I had to get here to the show....and guess what.
There¹s going to be a thaw with heavy rain this weekend.... Then a deep
freeze again.  I reckon whatever shape she¹s in she¹ll have to bear till
March when things start warming up.

I am so glad her mast wasn¹t in the shed.... I can¹t believe this has
happened.

Gord #426 Surprise