[Public-List] A4 question

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Mon Jan 6 06:11:06 PST 2014

This kind of problem can be pesky to find the problem, having worked on many
cars in the old days and having had an A-30 with an A4, the first advice
most mechanics will be is to start at the beginning.

Suggest starting with a general tune up. Probably you have electronic
ignition so the tune up is fairly simple. If you have the old make and break
points condenser etc, tune-up is even more important.

A tune up is never a bad thing and is quite inexpensive. So its a good
starting point.

Cleaning the carb bowl and carb reservoir screen is always prudent per
Mike's advice.

There are many things that can cause the kind of problem you are describing,
so starting at the beginning is a good idea.

Just suggestions

Best of luck

John