[Public-List] A4 Question

Glenn Brooks brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Tue Jan 7 13:13:56 PST 2014

Aha, Stephen has hit on the solution,  the  simplest plan is often the best.

  Carb ice may indeed be a problem, but I suspect even more basic is that if the engine isn't warmed up to operating temperature when one applies RPM, the friction of cold and unlubricated parts will inhibit the RPM.  If so, check to see when hot coolant starts to move through the system and if the RPM picks up when the block is properly warm.

This was the case all the years I lived in Alaska, even with engines winterized for sub zero conditions.

Glenn Brooks
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPad