[Public-List] Setback with Touch Wood

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Jan 12 17:23:14 PST 2014

Hello Michael -

I'm home for the evening before heading back down to the city for the rest
of the show.  Your roof sounds quite solid.  Hopefully it stood.

I got some good news yesterday.  My very good friend Charles, who knew how
worried I have been about what the collapse did to Touch Wood, got over to
the wreck and burrowed inside.  He sent me a picture.

She's still standing on her keel with her six jack stands supporting her;
and the undressed 2x4 roof timbers which collapsed lay politely flat across
her.  Effectively, she's now holding up the roof.  She's not full of ice and
snow, she didn't get knocked over, I don't thing anything serious is broken.

I don't think there's any serious damage.  I've yet to go and see myself,
still wont be able to do that until after the 19th, but I think she's OK.

The funny thing is that I'd still consider the roof falling on her a
calamity - but for the fact that I thought it was so much worse.

Thank you Michael and the rest who sent me kind messages.

She always was a lucky boat!

Gord #426 Surprise

On 12/01/14 7:58 PM, "Michael Connolly" <crufone at comcast.net> wrote:

> Gord,
So sorry to hear of your dilemma with Touch Wood's temporary storage
> shed. This past summer I built a shed roof on the back of my storage building
> to house the Typhoon and the Albacore. 14.5' span using 2x6's. Has a metal
> roof?and I did place support posts about half way along the span. After
> hearing of your disaster I am now wondering if my roof has failed as well.
> Guess I'll have to wait until spring to find out.? BTW the Albacore was built
> by Whitby in 1965. Arcadia near Frankfort, MI, 5' snow and minus 30 degrees F.

Michael
?