[Public-List] Polar Plot

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at leidos.com
Mon Jan 13 07:01:37 PST 2014

I would like to have both knotmeter and GPS, and compass too.
Traditionally, the knotmeter and the compass were all you had, so you
had to infer leeway and true velocity.
I would base the VMG on the GPS mean velocity, and use the knotmeter to
estimate the current.

We can't derive a zero-current polar from a 2-knot current polar  or
vice-versa, unless we develop a full velocity prediction method for the
A30.
Mike