[Public-List] 'Alberg 30' circumnavigators

David Gilbert bigkanu at rogers.com
Sun Jan 26 13:33:02 PST 2014

The boat builder is Whitby Boat Works.
I don't want to detract from his aceivement but Yves Gelinas most
certainly does not list his home port as Ontario. He is a Quebec
native and espouses separatist beliefs and in his video shows himself
affixing what he calls his national flag to the stern of his vessel;
this flag is actually the Quebec Provincial Emblem and Yves has stated
that he considers Quebec to be his country. He did admit that this
inhibited sales of his video in what we real Canadians call TROC - The
Rest of Canada. As a proud Canadian and Alberg owner, I have no time
for him.
David