[Public-List] Jyb track location on foredeck

Glenn Brooks brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Wed Jan 29 07:48:37 PST 2014

Bill and David, thanks for your most recent comments and the photos. Also many thanks to others on the list who who offered information and feedback and photos.   For some reason Dolce appears never to have had the jyb tracks installed. Rather like Gord's has done on Surprise, there where extra cars on the toe rail, which I assume now where used for jyb sheets, although not allowing as much pointing ability.

I think I will experiment with sheeting angles using blocks on the forward edge of the toe rail, as Gord mentioned his inboard sheets abraid against the lowers when sailing off the wind.  Also I realized I probably  don't need to be beating into 35 kts with anything other than my 25 hp diesel!

Cheers,
Glenn B.
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPad