[Public-List] configuring sailing controls

Brent Higgins via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Jul 3 18:42:13 PDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to those that provided guidance on the fasteners & removing varnished over plugs. I need to do a lot of work to #317 before she's ready for her first sail. The first step is reinstalling all the hardware & brightwork that I want to keep. The second will be installing the hardware I want to add and buying all new running rigging (most the lines are falling apart).

At some point, I need to unstep the mast and inspect everything, too. Before I do, I want to decide on the configuration of my running rigging. I've seen some great set ups, but being a complete rookie, I want to be thorough in my research and get it right. Does anyone have video, photos, or diagrams of their configurations they would like to share, opinions on running controls aft vs. keeping some forward, suggested websites or reading?

I have a traveler installed in the stern, a winch on the mast, and a winch on the boom, a boom vang, I'll reinstall the winches on the outboard sides of the coamings, once re-installed, and that's really it right now. So, I feel like I have a lot of flexibility to choose a configuration that works for me.

Thanks,

Brenton