[Public-List] Life lines

John Birch via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Jul 9 07:07:25 PDT 2014

Stanchion bases are the highest maintenance item on any boat needing to be
fairly regularly rebedded to prevent water ingress into the deck core.

Next time you re-bed, it's a good thing to replace those bolts with 316SS
and ensure they pass through backing plates below.

No matter what life line or wire type you use, when wearing a harness always
clip on to a separate jack line or better, a jack webbing, running each side
fore and aft on your deck to the cockpit.

And try like h*ll not to fall overboard in the first place.

Remember Chef's immortal comment in Apocalypse Now - "Never get off the
boat"