[Public-List] Life lines

Dennis K. Biby via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Jul 9 17:55:12 PDT 2014

Ahoy,

An interesting thread worthy of a sailing magazine's "old salt" and
"arm-chair" pontificator theories.  The simplest validation is to grab a
lifeline and fall overboard.  Or, clip onto whatever jackline and jump
away.  If one is afraid of damaging the boat, then ....

Personally, I never trust lifelines/stanchions to keep me aboard.  Proper
jacklines are essential when offshore.

My "2 cents"

Dennis
s/v Ferrity

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM, Gordon Laco via Public-List <