[Public-List] Dinghy for Alberg 30

Mike Lehman via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Jul 23 04:15:40 PDT 2014

We use an "Alberg 8" dinghy with our Alberg 30. It is similar to a Dyer
midget but has rounded chines and slightly lower freeboard. It was designed
by Carl Alberg and built by a firm in Marblehead Mass. and was a gift to
Carl's niece on her 16th birthday. As far as I know it is the only one ever
built, so I saved/restored it as a piece of history. I even rigged it with a
tri-radial spinnaker, she goes like a bullet downwind. I couldn't resist
talking about it.

Having said that, I think the most common dinghy used by Albergs is the Dyer
midget. You can find them used, usually in bad shape, but they are fun to
restore and Dyer has all of the parts available. They tow just fine and are
stable for their size.