[Public-List] Rigging Lengths / Strippers - solution

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Jul 23 11:04:36 PDT 2014

Hello -

I agree - you'd be very fortunate to find Barient parts of the right type
anywhere.  They've been gone a long time.

Andersens are probably the best winches on the market today.

Gord
Surprise 426

On 23/07/14 1:01 PM, "John Birch via Public-List"
<public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:

> Hi Bob, How awful. Someone in the game is the culprit, street thieves would

never do such a thing.

IM Barient was bought out by Lewmar and the brand
> killed about 20 years ago.
Lewmar used their patented technology on their new
> winches.

You have a serious and insurable problem. Will be duce difficult to
> find
replacement strippers.

You might get lucky, but luck is not a
> plan.

Suggest either replacing them with Andersons under an insurance claim -
> no
justification for pro rating their value. Now you get to find out whether

you have a good Ins Co or not.

The other alternative is to have the
> strippers custom machined. The cost too
should be insurable.

Someone in the
> game is a skunk, and that's just terrible. However, the
solution above is
> what I'd suggest.

You could also contact your Ins Co to find out if there are
> any insured boat
hurricane write-offs that were equipped with Barient 22 Self
> Tailers - if
so, that would be the cheapest route.

Best of
> luck