[Public-List] Cockpit floor alternative [was Re: Advice for A Newbie]

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Mon Jun 2 09:52:01 PDT 2014

Regarding repairs to a delaminated cockpit floor... I was fortunate,
insofar as the edges of the floor along the settees are solid. So About
15 years ago I made an oak "false floor" out of (as I recall, not at the
boat now) 2" x 3/4" white oak. It transfers the load entirely to the
edges. It is screwed together and plugged. About a 20-hour project as I
recall, so for some, this may be a much easier solution than the
"proper" fiberglass floor repair. Does require maintenance of the
finish, but it's easily removable. Mine is varnished with semi-gloss.
Also, I sail my A-30 mostly on an inland lake, so the floor is not
subject to the same shock loads it might be in a bay or the open ocean.
If anyone is interested, mail me and I'll be happy to send you pictures.

--Dan Sternglass
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY

dans at stmktg.com
mobile: +1607-592-8012

Strategic Marketing Associates
403 Highgate Road