[Public-List] Haul out issues

Wes Gardner wesgardner1952 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:28:23 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I have #196 that I bought in the water last year.  I dove on her to clean
the bottom a couple of times.  The upper Severn was horrible last year as
far as fouling and the boat needed some scraping, etc.  The vis is never
really great but everything 'looked' OK.  Are there any issues specific to
Alberg 30s that I should be focusing on when the boat is hauled?  I've seen
the posting regarding Whitbey's attempt at manufacturing through-hulls,
mine have been changed out.  Dunno about the stern tube/cutlass
bearing…there is no (or very little) shaft play to speak of.  Couldn't tell
too much about the lower rudder shoe.

Any enlightening would be great.  Anyone have a favorite paint for a
cruising boat being sailed mostly in the Severn and upper Bay?

Wes