[Public-List] no power to propeller

Bradford Cooke bradfordcooke1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 05:58:33 PDT 2014

I have a problem with getting power to my propeller.  At low rpm's the
propeller sends my boat forward.  As I increase the rpms, there is no extra
power or speed.  One diagnosis was that the key way was worn out, and the
propeller was slipping.  The yard where my boat is now thought there was a
problem with the hydraulics to the transmission.  If the fluid was low,
then there was a simple solution.  IF the fluid was not low, then a major
repair bill was probable.

Has anyone had experience with this issue?  I have an original Gray Marine
gas engine, from 1965 that still runs fine.
Thank you all,
Brad Cooke