[Public-List] Advice for A Newbie

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 06:01:10 PDT 2014

We had to replace the cockpit sole on #655.

1. remove top layer - throw away
2. remove old core
3. replace core with high density foam, I like coosa board - the core is
1/4"
4. install new cloth (2 layers) for the top
5. fair smooth (I like System 3 Quick fair epoxy fairing compound)
6. prime for painting (I use System 3 epoxy Yacht Primer...it's water based)
7. paint smooth areas with Brightside
8. mask off non-skid areas and paint non-skid with Kiwi-Grip