[Public-List] depth sounder

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Wed Jun 4 14:04:51 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 10:45:12AM -0400, gordon white wrote:
>     But I have used a depth sounder sending its  pulses through the
> fiberglass bottom. You need a zip-loc bag of water plastered to the
> bottom (inside) to transmit the signal.

When you say "plaster" what sort of material do you mean? The old depth
sounder transducer on Candy Cane seems to have bitten the dust, and it's
installed in an ABS tube glued to the hull, filled with mineral oil, and
capped. I'm kinda reluctant to remove the old tube, rather than just
building a new one, and was wondering if there's any particular magic to
be applied with the gluing &c..

Thanks,
Kris

--