[Public-List] Datamarine Instruments

Bill Boyle wpb1210 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 06:34:03 PDT 2014

  I'm wondering if anyone has info on how
to deal with this.  I have Datamarine instruments.  I'm sure they are
from the 1980's  The knot meter and dept sounder work great.  The
wind speed  is the problem.  Apparent wind indicator works but the
wind cup only turns when it blowing around 15.  Then it just spins a
little and displays 5-6 knots.  My question is can that mast head
unit be repaired or do I need to find a replacement.  Is it just
bearings that need lubrication?  Any thoughts on this would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill Boyle
Slainte