[Public-List] Dingy paint

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 23 09:41:00 PDT 2014

All -

My new Jamestown Distributor  catalog came this week, and in it there is a picture of a young girl painting the trim of a dingy whose sides are painted like Van Gough's "Starry Night"  This got me thinking, since I have a young daughter who is a decent artist & a spare fiberglass dingy in need of repair & paint sitting ion my back yard.

So, if one wanted to paint a dingy topsides in something other than one or two primary colors, and not spend a fortune on paint, what would you use?  I used some Interlux product years ago to paint a dingy, maybe Brightside, but buying a bunch of colors & trying to mix them would be too expensive for this project.  I am assuming artists paints would not stand up to the weather & water.  Any ideas?  Or suggestions of where else to look/ask?

Thanks.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229