[Public-List] Spreader bases on newer hulls.

vmarmei vmarmei at axis-design.org
Mon Mar 24 15:35:15 PDT 2014

Hi Jonathan....
You should have a support Tube Spacer inside the mast over the
through bolt. You can make even a stronger solid sleeve with thicker
walls than a tube/pipe if you take a oversized round aluminum bar and
drill it hollow to fit over the through bolt.
The length of the spacer should be .005 to .010 shorter than the
inside dimension of the mast. The through bolt when tightened will
make the mast and the spreader bases one solid strong unit.
The pop rivets or screws are there to prevent the spreaders with
bases from rotating out of position.
Good sailing to you.
Villo A30-K641

PS: Lesson #2...
How to install said sleeve in place comes later and is subject to
some serious negotiation as to the amount of beer you are willing to
send my way.