[Public-List] Gas tanks

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Sat May 17 16:56:08 PDT 2014

My 1967 Alberg 30 seems to have a pinhole leak in the gas tank.  I thought
about repairing it (which I have done on tractors, etc.) but I just am not
comfortable doing this on the boat tank.  My current tank is aluminum, 30" X
18" X 7" tall, mounted fairly high up at the forward end of the starboard
cockpit  and an 18 gallon which are 7.25" tall & 18" wide, the 12 shorter
than my current tank & the 18 is 6" longer than teh current one.  I should
be able to make either fit with minor modifications.  I assume that I will
want nylon or similar tie downs rather than the "plumber's tape" metal ones
my current tanks has.  Thoughts or suggestions?

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229