[Public-List] New genoa

Jonathan Adams via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Nov 21 15:58:45 PST 2014

I agree on contacting the sailmaker. Do you want a drifter - something that it's for very light days only, and for generally going off the wind? Or are you looking for a 170 that can take you to windward and can be used on wind in the 10 to 15 range as well?.The former can be light fabric, the latter should probably be heavier. One of our members went with as heavy as possible on the basis that it was going to hold its shape better on light days. That seemed to work well for him.

Either way, a new sail will not like getting stuffed into a cockpit locker.

I guess I just proved the point that we all have our own opinions :)

Jonathan
197

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android